The DCG Press Kit includes style guidelines, brand assets, company background, and team bios with high resolution images for use in digital and print media.
The Dave Cantin Group (DCG) is a nationwide, full-service automotive mergers and acquisitions (M&A) firm headquartered in New York. Formed by Dave Cantin in 2017, the firm is on track to becoming the world’s largest automotive dealership M&A firm.
Today the company has dealership listings worth more than $3 billion with regional offices in California, Florida, Illinois, New York and Texas.
Services for Clients
DCG currently offers a broad range of professional services, including the management of:
- • Simple buy/sell acquisitions
- • Multi-dealership acquisitions
- • Private equity transactions
- • Employee buy-ins
- • Minority investor programs
- • Succession planning
Dave Cantin, DCG’s founder and CEO, started his career as a new-car salesman out of high school. By age 21 he had become the general manager of the New Jersey dealership group where he worked. He went on to become a partner and help build one of the nation’s largest dealership groups. After selling his interest in the group, he joined an automotive M&A firm, where he put together the second-largest automotive dealership acquisition in U.S. history.
The DCG Team
In addition to Cantin, the DCG management team includes:
- • Dave Cantin – Founder & CEO
- • Brian Brown – Chief Operating Officer
- • Stephen Jones – Director of Acquisitions
- • Stephanie Licata – Director of Operations
- • Michelle Amodio – Communications Manager
- • Diane Solaja – Operations Coordinator
- • William “Woody” Woodward – Managing Director Northeast
- • Mark Dwyer – Managing Director Northeast
- • Drew Picon – Managing Director Northeast
- • Dan Simonson – Managing Director Southeast
- • Chad Goodson – Managing Director Southeast
- • Tony Karabon – Managing Director Midsouth
- • Scott Worthing – Managing Director West
- • George Pero – Managing Director West
- • Alex Covino – District Manager West
- • Joe Beaver – District Manager West
Each executive has from 10 up to more than 30 years of auto industry experience coupled with in-depth M&A expertise. The DCG team collectively has participated in or directly closed dealership acquisitions worth more than $10.5 billion. Cantin personally has closed transactions valued at more than $2 billion.
The DCG Difference
DCG believes in establishing a strong relationship with its clients to ensure a successful, seamless business process from beginning to end. A thorough understanding of the dealership, its principals and their goals are critically important.
For DCG, the process is hands-on, thorough and candid. The firm carefully analyzes a dealership’s value, keeping dealership ownership informed throughout the entire buy-and-sell process. DCG’s extensive experience working with investor groups, private equity firms, investment funds, dealers, industry experts and OEM management helps ensure success.
DCG Gives Back
The group’s successful partnership approach to the buy-and-sell process is coupled with a firm commitment to community service and charitable giving. Dave Cantin personally has helped raise more than $150 million in the fight against pediatric cancer. DCG also is committed to donating a percentage of its revenue to the cause. A cancer survivor himself, Cantin has dedicated a significant amount of personal time and effort to finding a cure for childhood cancer and has served as a board member for a number of cancer-related charitable organizations, including Hope & Heroes at Columbia University Medical Center, Project Ladybug, and Hyundai Hope on Wheels.
Download the complete DCG Company Background PDF
The DCG team has the depth of critical experience, expertise, relationships, resources, and track record of delivering success for automotive dealers, whether for a succession plan, simple acquisition, or complex multi-dealership sale.
Enter your email to receive DCG Press Releases, Event News and musch more.